Thursday, August 2, 2012

Welcome Back!

August 2, 1012

Welcome back to school!  I am excited about starting a new school year.  I would like to take this opportunity to mention a few essentials for a smooth start of school.  More information will follow on Back-to-School Night.  During the first few days we will set standards for work and behavior and begin our studies.  If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me, particularly if there are specifics about your child you would like his or her teachers to know, such as health concerns or areas of strength or weakness that might require special attention.

We will have homework every night, Monday through Thursday, and the children should set aside one hour for work and study time.  I strongly encourage nightly reading (hopefully for pleasure).  You can assist your child to establish a routine that includes time and setting and by checking supplies and homework notebooks on a daily basis.  Please refer to the Policy Manual for information on uniform regulations.

I will focus on fostering a deep concern for others as Christian values will be integrated into all areas of the curriculum.  It's going to be a year filled with wonderful opportunities for teaching and learning for all.  I look forward to getting to know the children and you in the coming weeks and again on Back-to-School Night!

Sincerely,
Ms. Maguire



No comments: